Ferdinand Bonnet Champagne
The champagne manufacturer Ferdinand Bonnet was founded in 1922 in Oger.
Ferdinand Bonnet belongs to Groupe Rémy Cointreau.
The origins of the Ferdinand Bonnet Champagne lie in the foundation of the houses Rémy Martin Cognac (1724 by two winemakers) and Cointreau & Cie (1849 by the Cointreau brothers). In 1924, André Renaud bought E. Rémy Martin & Cie SA. He was followed after his death in 1965 by his son-in-law André Hériard Dubreuil. Under his leadership, Rémy Martin took a stake in the French-Chinese joint venture Dynasty Wynery in 1980. This was followed by the takeovers of the Champanger houses Charles Heidsieck (1985) and Piper-Heidsieck (1988), the liqueur brand Galliano (1989) and the rum distillery Mount Gay (also 1989). In 1990, the shares of Rémy Martin were transferred to Cointreau & Cie SA, one year later the company changed its name to Rémy Cointreau SA. In 1999, the group took part in the distribution joint venture Maxxium, which, besides Rémy Cointreau, also includes the Edrington Group (Great Britain), Beam Global Brands (USA) and since 2001 Vin & Sprit (Sweden). Maxxium has opened up new markets, especially in Europe and Asia, while the wholly owned subsidiary Rémy Amérique is responsible for sales in North America and the Caribbean. In 2000, Bols Royal Distilleries was acquired with the Bols and Metaxa brands. In 2006, some brands, including Galliano and Bols, were sold again. The group has also announced to withdraw from the Maxxium joint venture and, as of April 2009 to distribute all brands itself again. In 2006, the cognac division generated 44 % of group sales and 57 % of operating profit, mainly with Rémy Martin brand cognacs. Sales of this brand in Russia doubled in the space of a year (2005/2006). In second place is the liqueurs and spirits division (2006: 27 % of sales and 36 % of operating profit), with the Cointreau orange liqueur accounting for almost half of this.
CHAMPAGNE F. BONNET PERE ET FILS
3, rue Auber